FontAwesome web fonts are great for adding colour and clarity to website, but did you know that you can also use them in Microsoft Office documents or PowerPoint presentations.
Installing the Font
First, download the Font Awesome web font OpenType font file fontawesome-webfont.otf from the FontAwesome GitHub repository here.
Once you’ve downloaded the file, right-click on it and select Install. The Windows Fonts dialog will open and show you a preview of the font. Click the Install option at the top of the window.
That’s it. Your font is now installed. So how do you use it…
Using the Font
- In your browser, go to the Font Awesome Cheatsheet page here.
- Find the icon you want to use and copy it to your clipboard
- Open up your Microsoft office document or presentation and paste the icon where you want it to appear
- If it doesn’t display correctly ensure that the font character is using the FontAwesome font.
- Select the size, colour and style you want just as you would with normal text.